When we started selling online through eBay and Shopify, we have to do the shipping or fulfillment of the orders ourselves. Not only is it a tedious process but also very expensive because we are sending the products individually to the US.
We started to think that there must be a better way to do this. We started researching and found that Amazon has a program that can assist on the order fulfillment. They called it Fulfillment by Amazon or FBA. The setup fits our business because we are sourcing the products here in the Philippines. We sent the products in bulk to Amazon Fulfillment Centers and they shipped the products on our behalf if someone ordered them.
It reduced our shipping expenses. Also, we do not have to worry about returns or refunds because they will also handle the customer service. Because of this, our monthly sales and profit margin increased. It allowed us to scale up our operations.
Seems easy enough and because we were able to do it, we started to dream that all Filipinos who wants to do this can do it too.
Now the whole world is taking notice our company, eCFulfill has just been invited to this year’s Horasis Asia Meeting in Ho Chih Minh, Vietnam on November 25-27.
It would be nice when you can take advantage of the service that we are providing, now that there are a only a few Filipinos who knows about this. We are estimating that on the road to the Horasis Asia Meeting we are taking the company to go ASEAN and maybe in Australia and New Zealand since Amazon recently just opened there.
Here are the other benefits of Amazon FBA:
- Your online store will have access to tens of millions of Amazon Prime customers.
- You will be able to scale order handling and logistics without putting a lot of investments in your fulfillment infrastructure.
- Ability to manage the spike in customer contacts and returns during peak selling periods.
- If you have orders from Shopify, eBay and other channels, you can fulfill the orders using Multi-Channel Fulfillment.
How does Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) works?
- You send your products to Amazon Fulfillment centers.
- Amazon stores your products.
- Customer orders your products.
- Amazon picks and packs your product.
- Amazon ships your products and provides customer support.